Tuesday 4 February 2014

This week's been different...

Well, this week was certainly different.
Iv come to the decision that I prefer the coast to inland towns, though I'm glad I saw a few places. And homesickness started to sink in too..

My trip to La Fortuna wasnt what I thought it would be. I arrived in the rain bit was told to expect that, however I wasn't expecting to leave the very next day!

Below: Arenal volcano from the boat 


La Fortuna wasnt unlike Tamarindo, with its tourist/souvenir shops and every other shop was offering tours to the volcano/waterfall, all starting at around $45! I did think about it but having met some people, they said they liked a few of the tours buy it wasn't worth the money. I was fortunate to meet two great girls and find a great little coffee place called Down to earth coffee: http://bit.ly/1nOL5Vb. (Shameless plug) 
I tried a banana iced coffee here which tasted surprisingly good, and I wish I could have had another! If you ever visit La Fortuna this place is a must!

The next day I had lunch with a great girl and then we parted ways and I took a taxi-boat-taxi to Monteverde (pic above).
I decided against a public bus, as it would have cost me half the price, but also double the time! So I'm glad I did it.
The views were amazing, and it's only when you see he volcano from afar you realise how big it is! 


Monteverde is another town offering plenty of tours, it wasn't a big town but it was of hills, so even a walk to the supermarket felt like good excercise! 
I passed this awesome looking tree house restaurant (pic above) where this place had been built around this huge tree that stuck out of the building! 

Spent the day hiking with guys I met in the hostel, we walked up very steep hills to a Ficus tree which took us longer then we thought because, silly us we went at midday! And my arms were a lovely shade of red that night! 
The tree was huge and easy to climb though I couldn't reach a higher branch or find some place to set my foot! Damn my short legs. One guy took some pics and promised to send me some when he's home, the views from the tree were amazing! 
 
And after 9 hours and 2 bus journeys later, I arrived at the Caribbean coast on Wednesday evening! My hostel is just by Punta Uva and has a rustic and a real jungle feel to it! Plan to spend a few days on the beach, start a good book, do the laundry and see what this coast of Costa Rica has to offer!


 
Above: Beautfiul Punta Uva beach 








No comments:

Post a Comment