Friday 17 January 2014

Waking up at 5am....

Day 4:

So, after almost a whole day on planes and waiting in airports I finally arrived late to San Jose late on Monday night.
Walking out of the airport I was bombarded with taxi drivers asking me where I was going and did I what to go with them!? No thank you! I was just looking for my shuttle, which was a good 20 mins wait!
By this point I had no energy in my to complain as I just wanted to sleep so I guess I'm doing it now!

I spent 2 days at Costa Rica backpackers hostel, which was full of people from all over the world! Lots of hammocks and space to relax, and the guys at the desk were so friendly and helpful.
Would recommend, but not if you want quiet nights, the noise of the train will wake you at 5am (!) every morning if you are a light sleeper and then a neighbourhood dog will also make his own noise I ventured out a few times in search of good food and of course, I got lost. Twice. I was still so tired, and not quite on Costa Rica time yet, but now its been 4 days, I think Im ok...

Below: Costa Rica backpackers





I didnt love San Jose, it was a very busy city with not much to see or do, so I took a 5 hours bus journey to the South West coast to Samara and having only spent 1 night here, I already prefer it to the city. Hitting the beach today and seeing what else this place has to offer, but first things first: Coffee.








No comments:

Post a Comment